Thursday, June 26, 2008

Potato on Fire

I had an experience the other day that I want to warn you about. I was cooking a potato in the microwave oven that was wrapped in a paper towel. After a while I smelled smoke and the oven was on fire. I mean flames all over.

I got it out with a wet towel and called the company. They sent someone out today and it seems I may have cooked it too long. Then after the fact, I read the booklet that came with the microwave and it said that cooking a potato too long will cause a fire. Who knew???????


  1. What a good thing to warn people about..Thank you for visiting my blog..Enjoyed yours too..

  2. Oh my goodness! I cook potatoes all the time and never would I have expected a fire from cooking too long! How crazy!

    Welcome to the fabulous world of blogging! I really enjoy it. :)

  3. Scary. I'm glad you were there to notice and put a stop to things before it got worse.

    I usually boil or roast or fry my potatoes, but I will keep a closer eye on my microwave in future. Thanks for the tip.